The Seven Deadly Sins:
1. Who did you last get angry with?
My roommate. She was lame in picking me up for Intercon C (two hours late).
2. What is your weapon of choice?
Fake: Blue lightsaber
3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex?
That's the problem. Chivalry and modern social graces dictate that I can't hit women, so I don't. Though, I will go mental in self-defense. As for defending someone I love, I like to think that I have the girlfriend who can kick serious ass (including my own) :)
4. How about of the same sex?
Only in self-defense, or to defend someone I love.
5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you?
Hard to tell. People hide it occasionally. Probably my supervisor several months ago.
6. What is your pet peeve?
Hypocrisy, self-righteousness (Ex: "Jesus told me that I should bomb that abortion clinic"), not being taken seriously, not being listened to.
7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily?
I don't keep grudges forever. To be honest, it took a year not to hate each of my exes. I'm just glad I can count that number with one hand.
1. What is one thing you're supposed to do daily that you haven't done in a long time?
Job hunt nowadays. Exercise. Shave (if you count 4 days as a long time)
2. What is the latest you've ever woken up?
3. Name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't?
Old teachers from high school. They've been my mentors. A few MIT friends I haven't seen in months.
4. What is the last lame excuse you made?
Missing work because I was ill.
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through (one of the long ones...)?
6. When was the last time you got a good workout in?
Dancing at Intercon C. Lost some weight this weekend.
7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today?
Got a wake-up call from the hotel. No snooze button.
1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice?
Long Island ice tea. (I feel so dirty)
2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat?
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event?
I'm a big drinker. Had at one party many years ago 4 rum&cokes plus one margarita (threw up later on in the toilet).
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company?
Nope. Never needed one before.
5. Do you have an issue with your weight?
A little. Trying to avoid getting the belly most people my age (25) now have.
6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods?
Depends on the mood.
7. Have you ever looked at a small housepet or child and thought, "LUNCH!"?
Yep, especially cats.
1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)?
Only double digits. Apparently, that number continues to grow with each hot tub party :)
2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)?
14 (Yes, I know all their names)
3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of the opposite sex?
Hell yeah. Breasts and butts galore!
4. Have you "done it"?
5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice?
I see the big picture. I like meaty women.
6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute?
Unfortunately. Long story. And, NO I DID NOT ACCEPT!!!
7. Have you ever had to get tested for an STD or pregnancy?
Not really. I was a virgin male during my last complete check-up.
1. How many credit cards do you own?
2. What's your guilty pleasure store?
Godiva. I have a weakness for their chocolate-covered strawberries.
3. If you had $1 million, what would you do with it?
Pay off debt, buy a house, buy my parents a house, and go on a great vacation.
4. Would you rather be rich, or famous?
Rich, definitely. But I wouldn't mind both. As long as it's not the fame of being noticed and mobbed everywhere I go.
5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
Depends how boring, how many hours, and how mega the bucks. However, for a while, I can honestly say "Been there. Done that."
6. Have you ever stolen anything?
7. How many MP3s are on your hard drive?
1. What one thing have you done that you're most proud of?
2. What one thing have you done that your parents are most proud of?
3. What thing would you like to accomplish in your life?
Take over the world.
Realistically: A long-term job.
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place?
Hasn't happened yet ;)
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill, knowing you were of much higher skill than all the other competitors?
Yeah, when I was in high school, especially in the areas of math and science. But, that hasn't been the case for a long time.
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score?
Yeah, but not in a long time.
7. What did you do today that you're proud of?
Went to Intercon
1. What item (or person) of your friends would you most want to have for your own?
I would like to have the money of the friends who have enough of it. As for people, that's another long story.
2. Who would you want to go on "Trading Spaces" with?
(1)Cthulia. (Snark my bitch up!)
(2)The president. I know I can do a better job.
3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?
Tom Hanks or Robin Williams.
4. Have you ever been cheated on?
Don't think so, but my exes were good liars.
5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own?
Sure, all the time. It's always the debate over whether to go short-hair, average body, or go Goth-like paleness with long ponytail and skinny body.
6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself?
7. Do you wish you'd come up with this survey?
8. Finally, what is your favorite deadly sin?
Lust, of course.
The Seven Heavenly Virtues
1. What religion do you follow?
I'm Catholic by default. Haven't practiced any substitutions yet.
2. What religion were you raised as?
Roman Catholic--the Cuban kind (less whiskey, more chastity).
3. Do you believe that forgiveness is a religious property, or a human property?
4. Do you believe in magic?
5. What was the last promise you broke?
I don't make promises often. The ones I do make I'm damn sure I keep.
6. Have you ever said the words to a prayer and not meant it?
Yeah, especially during Lent.
7. Do you believe that anyone could be perfect?
No, but I try for it all the time anyway.
1. Did you get everything you wanted over the last holiday season?
If Valentine's Day is the holiday, then yes.
2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for?
That I find a purpose.
3. Do you let yourself get your hopes up for something even if you know that there is a large chance of failure?
In this economy with job hunting, yeah.
5. Have you ever bought a lottery ticket?
Not since I left Florida.
6. Do you gamble?
Oh yes. I'm a heavy blackjack player.
7. Have you ever had something called off on account of bad weather, but then gone ahead and done it anyway?
I don't think so.
1. What causes do you support?
the Right to Choose (abortion-wise), free speech (as in lack of censorship), freedom of religion, separation of church and state, safer sex and sex education, recycling.
2. What causes have you given money or time to?
To be honest, I usually just give spare change to homeless people on the streets (though I don't buy their papers)
3. Have you ever worked in a soup kitchen or done another kind of outreach for the homeless?
Nope. I keep meaning to.
4. Would you ever consider joining the Peace Corps, Amnesty International, etc.,?
Probably not. I'm too into my creature comforts.
5. Do you give money to the homeless on the street?
See above. That's my only charity these days.
6. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like rent or food?
Not those basic needs.
7. What's the greatest extent you've gone to help a friend in need?
Helped to cheer up my girlfriend on occasion. Hammercock being no exception. My specialty is the insane food/movie orders for comfort.
1. What are you most afraid of?
Two things: Miracle 4 and my life not making a difference.
2. What did you do today that was really brave?
Being in a panel LARP. I'm always nervous about being in front of an audience.
3. Who is your favorite superhero, and why?
Gambit (X-Men). I like his charisma with the ladies, his ability to wield the staff, his ability to throw explosive cards, and his trenchcoat.
4. Would you put your life in danger to rescue someone?
Of course. There is actually a vision I keep having regarding a ledge (like in "Cliffhangar"). Wierd.
5. If you were to face the Wizard, would you want more courage, more brains, or more heart?
6. Have you ever gotten stage fright? If so, when?
I always get stage fright, but I love being on stage. This was the case when I was in "Fiddler on the Roof".
7. Do you consider yourself to be a leader or a follower?
It depends on the situation.
1. Have you ever been summoned for jury duty?
Yes. Had to take the commuter rail to go to Lowell at 6am just to have someone tell me to go home. Grrrr.
2. If they reinstituted the draft (for both genders), would you go, or would find some way out of it?
I would go for something like WWII, not like Bush's "war"
3. Do you support capital punishment (the death penalty)?
4. Which should be guaranteed legal?
5. Do you believe that Dubya is rightfully President of the USA?
Hell no. He cheated.
6. What was your favorite media circus trial?
I hate media circus trials. This is intensified after seeing "Chicago".
7. Have you ever written a letter to a politician?
President Bush, Sr. when I was 11. I received a presidential award from him. Funny enough, it came with a family photo which includes Dubya and Jeb. If only I knew then...
1. What do you have the hardest time moderating yourself on?
2. Do you collect anything?
Memories like a Blade Runner replicant.
3. Are you addicted to anything?
Sugar, caffeine, and SEX!!!
4. Have you ever put anything on layaway or used an installment plan?
Nope. Just credit cards.
5. What's your preferred method of paying for things?
Lots of cash.
6. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn't let yourself do?
Buy $560 worth of miniatures that failed to deliver.
7. Do you feel that you obsess over things?
Oh, just a little :)
1. Who is the wisest person you know?
It took a while, but I have to say my mother. Just wished I knew this earlier when I was growing up.
2. Have you ever participated in a vigil?
3. Do you take advice when it's given?
Sometimes! If nothing else, when I don't take it, it helps me clarify what I really want to do instead.
4. What area are you wisest in?
Being the calm, rational one to see logic and reason in anything. I'm also wisest in being the "nice guy" though it doesn't help in getting me laid.
5. Do you drive defensively?
Yep, very defensively, by not driving since the 90s.
6. Have you ever had unprotected sex outside of marriage?
7. What did you learn today?
Gaming conventions can be a resource for job hunting, apparently.
8. And, of course, what is your favorite heavenly virtue?
Temperance. It's a nice idea.