I'm not feeling too good, so here's a stupid little thing to read:
Step 1: In your mind, pick fifteen movies you really like. Step 2: Pick a quote/short exchange from each one; don't repeat movies. Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what movie the lines of dialogue come from (extra kudos if people can name the speaker and/or to whom s/he's speaking!) Step 4: Cross out the quotes when someone guesses correctly. DON'T CHEAT SUCKERS.
1. "I know now why you cry. But it's something I can never do." The Terminator in "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" by woodwardiocom
2. "It's beer o'clock, and I'm buying." Eddie in "Memento by woodwardiocom
3. "Why, I make more money than - than - than Calvin Coolidge! Put together!" Lina Lamont in "Singin' in the Rain" by thezerosystem
4. "I will speak for you, Father. I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."
5. "If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
6. "Look at me, jerking off in the shower... This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here." Lester Bernham in "American Beauty" by thezerosystem
7. "Why'd you become a cop?" "I don't remember" Ed Exeley and Jack Vincence in "LA Confidential" by woodwardiocom
8. "I've been dead once already; it's very liberating. You might think of it as... therapy."
9. "My life's a disaster zone. I got a stepdaughter so fucked up because her real father's this large-type asshole. I got a wife, we're passing each other on the down-slope of a marriage - my third - because I spend all my time chasing guys like you around the block. That's my life." "Heat" by woodwardiocom
10. "I just don't know what I'm supposed to be." "You'll figure that out. The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
11. "Sushi. That's what my ex-wife called me - cold fish." Deckard voice-over in the original version of "Blade Runner" by woodwardiocom
12. "I'm telling you this guy is protected from up on high by the Prince of Darkness." Chief Rabin from "The Usual Suspects" by visage
13. "Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" Obi-Wan Kenobi (to Anakin) in "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" by hammercock
14. "If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?" The Narrator in "Fight Club" by woodwardiocom
15. "What's going on here?" "Something you wouldn't recognize. It's called love."