Don't reply directly in my LJ; post this meme, with your answer to the question, in your own LJ and post the link as a reply here.
The problem with this meme is that I don't have one big thing to change, just many little ones. For example:
(1) I would like to have done better at my first job out of college. I was a mechanical engineer for Intelligent Automation. I botched up an experiment which resulted in me getting fired. I haven't been working in that field since (though I took a couple of thermodynamics courses). I've been a tester for 4 years since that time
(2) I would like to have visited one of my high school teachers more often before she died of breast cancer. Never had that talk where I would say "Good-bye. Thank you for all that you've done to help me."
(3) I would like to have done better as a student at MIT. I had the MIT-experience but not the MIT grades. That hampered my chances of going into a good graduate school. I would have had a masters by now if things were different.
(4) There was an issue with a grade-school teacher, my mom, and the NYPD that I would like to have avoided. Long story.
(5) And then there are the exes in my life. The problem was that my break-up with one would result in me dating the next one. The only exception is the first girlfriend I ever had. I would like to have never dated her. She was a freshman; I was pushing 20. She didn't know what she wanted in life, and I was dragged into her manic-depression. She broke up with me, resulting in my contempt for the human race and my first suicide attempt. Also, it was a reminder that I started relatively late in dating, relationships, and sex (didn't have it until I was 24). I always wanted to not be shy around women at an early age. It felt like I've been playing catch-up.
I am confident, however, that I would have still dated W, auror, and my current sweetie hammercock if I never dated the first girlfriend.